Associate Control Buyer
TravelSmith Outfitters, located in Novato, just 30 minutes north of San Francisco, is the premier catalog and e-commerce retailer of travel apparel and accessories. TravelSmith offers a comprehensive benefits package including 401k with company match, excellent work environment, and fantastic product discounts. We are currently searching for an Associate Control Buyer.
Responsible for reporting, sales analysis, planning & purchasing inventory to meet targeted fill rates while minimizing overstocks. As needed, provide support to Inventory Management VP, Liquidations Manager and Inventory Control Buyers.
- Create and maintain item information and purchase orders in Data Base.
- Create & maintain purchase orders with on time deliveries.
- Create and maintain item forecasts on the IFSO Inventory management system.
- Proof catalog pagination & layout.
- Contact vendors for Return Authorizations; submit RTV paperwork to DC, follow-up to completion.
- Manage the open purchase order tracking log for all Inventory department.
- Distribution Center Liaison: trouble shooting receiving, transportation and quality issues.
- Run, format and circulate daily/weekly/monthly planning reports.
- Build and maintain SKUs in inventory system.
- Enter forecasts into the planning forecasting system.
- Act as the primary contact for the distribution center and customer service.
- Develop pre-season forecasts and buy strategies for assigned product lines.
- Negotiate inventory commitments, delivery dates, item costs, uncommitted reserves and lead times with vendors.
- Monitor in-season demand and revise delivery commitments to meet established service goals and reduce liquidation liabilities.
- Identify business risks and opportunities at the category/style/sku level to maximize sales & profitability.
- Provide general administrative support to the Inventory Management team as needed.
- BA/BS degree plus minimum of 3 years of Inventory Management experience, catalog/web experience a plus.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office, Outlook, IFSO experience a plus.
- Able to work independently as well as with a team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Sound aptitude for analysis, prioritization and meeting deadlines.
Submit letter of interest and resume with salary requirements to Human Resources or e-mail to email@example.com.