Associate Product Manager for Men's Apparel
TravelSmith Outfitters, located in Novato, just 30 minutes north of San Francisco, is the premier catalog and e-commerce retailer of travel apparel and accessories. TravelSmith offers a comprehensive benefits package including 401k with company match, excellent work environment, and fantastic product discounts. We are currently searching for a Associate Product Manager for Men's Apparel.
The Associate Product Manager will assist the Sr. Product Manager of Men's Apparel in developing the strategies, seasonal assortment plans and products to maximize sale and profitability for the Men's area. He/she will be responsible for ensuring all product information is kept accurate and communicated to cross functional partners in Inventory Management, Technical Design, Creative and Marketing. The Associate may be responsible for a smaller volume product category.
- In depth understanding of all products and ability to field questions regarding products
- Corresponding with vendors regarding follow up for products including but not limited to costing, deliveries, lab dip approvals and other garment details as specified
- Creating and maintaining Line Assortment Lists, pagination documents and photo sample log. Entering and updating information into the Merchandise Database. Ensuring all product details in the above system are always kept accurate.
- Coordinate with cross functional partners in Product Management, Inventory Management, Tech Design and Creative regarding details of products to ensure the teams have the needed information to move the products forward in the production cycle
- Correspond with functional areas. Research and respond to daily issues as they arise. Escalate difficult issues to Sr. Product Manager.
- Responsible for requesting and tracking of all photo samples. Meeting on time delivery of all samples in accordance with catalog photo shoot dates
- Work with all vendors to generate accurate Product Information Sheets - checking that all facts are correct, PI sheets are printed out and correct samples are available for Product Handover Meeting with the Creative team
- Process paperwork needed to set up new vendors and follow through with the TS Finance team and vendors as needed through completion
- Review and proof all catalog copy to ensure details in depictions and copy are accurate
Knowledge, Skill & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Merchandising, Fashion Design or similar field desirable
- Strong proficiency in MS excel and MS word
- Catalog/Direct Marketing experience a plus
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and meet required deadlines
- Strong process management and analytical skills
- Attention to detail and excellent follow through
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership. Results oriented.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment
- Effective communication skills - both written and verbal
- Positive demeanor can do attitude and a "go getter"
- Resourceful when solving problems. Ability to ask for direction when clarity is needed to achieve tasks/results.
Submit letter of interest and resume with salary requirements to Human Resources or e-mail to email@example.com