TravelSmith Outfitters, located in Novato, just 30 minutes north of San Francisco, is the premier catalog and e-commerce retailer of travel apparel and accessories. TravelSmith offers a comprehensive benefits package including 401k with company match, excellent work environment, and fantastic product discounts. We are currently searching for a Designer.
The individual we hire will be responsible for continuing and expanding upon the overall graphic and photographic expression of our TravelSmith Catalog, including design, and layout. This person reports directly to the Creative Director.
- Develop and execute layout design concepts of all catalog pages and covers
- Reviews product line and recommends appropriate shot type and style
- Works closely with merchandising team on translating merchant vision into designed spreads
- Develop photo concepts and work with Creative department to execute for upcoming shoots
- Develops shot list for each shoot.
- Presents shot list to studio or location team and reviews with them what is expected and needed for each shot
- Reviews all copy for strength of brand positioning and consistency of voice
- Keeps abreast of current trends in art direction style and technique
- Develops new techniques for presenting apparel and process improvement on a regular basis
- Creates and designs special projects
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & EXPERIENCE:
- 7-10 years Catalog Layout Design experience in an in-house Creative Department (Catalog or Direct Mail)
- The ideal candidate will have the ability to concept, design and execute along with a portfolio of produced materials such as direct mail pieces, marketing collateral, catalogs, and newsletters,
- Photo art direction experience preferred, both on-figure and stills
- Must be a team player, be self-motivated, encouraging and motivational to others
- Effectively and succinctly communicate to various audiences
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to learn quickly and have the ability to handle a diverse work load
- Ability to perform under pressure in a fast-paced team environment
- Extensive experience in Macintosh system and software: Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, and OSX
- Catalog art direction and design experience a must
- Experience in off-figure, tabletop photography, women's apparel and accessories a plus
- Superb sense of style, strong fashion sense and high taste level
- Knowledge of current trends in photography style and technique, both film and digital
- Proven track record of bringing forth innovative ideas and concepts that deliver strong results
- Must be detail-oriented with the ability to multi task and meet tight deadlines with demonstrated accuracy and organization.
- Must have passion for hands-on design
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative 'team' setting
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and proven ability to meet deadlines
- Effective presentation, communication and negotiation skills
- Bachelors Degree in Advertising or Design preferred
Submit letter of interest and resume with salary requirements to Human Resources or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.