TravelSmith Outfitters, located in Novato, just 30 minutes north of San Francisco, is the premier catalog and e-commerce retailer of travel apparel and accessories. TravelSmith offers a comprehensive benefits package including 401k with company match, excellent work environment, and fantastic product discounts. We are currently searching for a Director, E-Commerce.
Directs, establishes, maintains, and plans the overall policies and goals of the corporation and department. Drives online initiatives and coordinate with marketing, merchandising and inventory planning groups to develop core strategies that are in line with company objectives. Interacts with marketing, development and content to define requirements, and directs interaction with programmers, developers and operations. Works with executive team to defines the marketing requirements for the company web site and manages the product development process by translating user testing and customer support feedback into feature/function requirements.
- Overall responsibility for online retailing strategies, web site content and appearance, Internet partnerships, effectiveness and financial results. This will include enhanced web site capability, email campaign, search result improvements, and other partnership strategies.
- Develop concepts; strategize, plan, and implement e-commerce marketing initiatives
- Develop and implement new web site functionality enhancing customer experience
- Create and oversee internet customer acquisition efforts; develop Internet customer acquisition objectives, plans and strategies; oversee execution of these plans to deliver results
- Create and oversee retention strategies using email to increase customer frequency
- Work with Inventory Control to ensure order fulfillment and customer satisfaction
- Analyze web usage trends to improve and/or add functionality and help determine product mix and product demand requirements
- Track and report on the effectiveness of Internet marketing success and appeal
- Measure and exceed industry metrics while optimizing site visits, i.e. web penetration
- Provide content management support - Assure best practices, review / approve content changes, and provide routes to improvement
- Develop and implement reporting and audit standards and procedures to insure the quality of the customer's shopping experience and company accounting practices
- P&L responsibility
- Work in close relationship with the rest of the team to develop and implement e-commerce strategies that drive Internet sales. Effectively present web products and/or services to target customers/partners with senior management.
- Work on continued maintenance and enhancements of eCommerce System and overall interface to back end systems
- Must have solid grasp of graphic and web design principles and a good understanding of current web technologies as well as database functionalities (SQL)
- Manage staff - Set direction, create goals and metrics, training, and drive progress with the Internet team recruit, train and manage production assistant and other team members as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & EXPERIENCE
- Experience in managing a website, preferable experience in a website launch
- BS/BA, MBA preferred
- Know web analytics and SEO
- Demonstrated leadership skills and a strategic orientation
- 7+ years professional experience in related field
- Experience of Direct Mail/catalog industry preferred
- Requires problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail and demonstrated accuracy with and understanding of numbers
- Good communications skills, verbal and written
- Able to balance multiple demands and thrive in a collaborative environment
- Ability to work within tight and often-changing deadlines
- Strong organizational and project management skills
Submit letter of interest and resume with salary requirements to Human Resources or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.