Director of IT
TravelSmith Outfitters, located in Novato, just 30 minutes north of San Francisco, is the premier catalog and e-commerce retailer of travel apparel and accessories. TravelSmith offers a comprehensive benefits package including 401k with company match, excellent work environment, and fantastic product discounts. We are currently searching for a Director, IT.
The Director of IT will report directly to the President. This position will oversee 3 direct reports.
- Directs and coordinates development and production activities of TravelSmith's information systems. Consults with management to determine information requirements of management.
- Determine boundaries and priorities of new projects, and discuss system capacity and equipment acquisitions.
- Lead in the research and determine appropriate software and hardware needed to support business requirements.
- Co-ordinate integration, enhancement requests and priority of Catalog management system with CBI.
- Informs management of project status.
- Responsible for assigning, training, scheduling and delegating work to department.
- Determines goals of department and individuals based on goals of the organization
- Diagnose and solve computer hardware and software problems and work with outside vendors, if necessary
- Participates in technical projects such as VB.NET, SSIS, SSAS, TRANSACT SQL writing and programming specified applications.
- On Call support rotation
Knowledge, Skill and Experience:
- 7 or more years of experience in IT systems design and support
- Experience managing, and leading a team of specialist IT providers
- Experience coding in Microsoft VB.NET and SQL Server
- Experience integrating systems
- Previous experience in Business Intelligence (preferred)
- Previous experience in a Catalog/Direct Mail & Ecommerce Industry (preferred)
- Senior management level experience
- Excellent System Development Life Cycle management skills (demonstrated through previous experience)
- Excellent Project Management ability (demonstrated through previous experience)
- Excellent data and financial analysis skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Negotiation and Influencing skills
- Prioritize with excellent time management skills
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Effective and timely decision-making skills
- Working knowledge of a multiple systems environment to include: Windows servers, Databases, Microsoft applications, Backup systems
- Strong understanding of general networking
Submit letter of interest and resume with salary requirements to Human Resources or e-mail to email@example.com.
5568 West Chester Road,
West Chester, OH 45069
Contact Us By Phone, Fax
Available 1AM-8PM EST
7 days a week
24 hour phone orders
Contact the Executive Team
Vice President of
TravelSmith Corporate Offices
773 San Marin Drive,
Novato, CA 94945
For public relations inquiries,
please click here