DIRECTOR, MERCHANDISE PLANNING
TravelSmith Outfitters, located in Novato, just 30 minutes north of San Francisco, is the premier catalog and e-commerce retailer of travel apparel and accessories. TravelSmith offers a comprehensive benefits package including 401k with company match, excellent work environment, and fantastic product discounts. We are currently searching for a Director, Merchandise Planning.
The Director is responsible for all aspects of developing, analyzing and revising the merchandising plans for the company to support the strategic business objectives. The Director, Merchandise Planning will work closely with Marketing, Inventory Management, Creative and Finance teams to insure TravelSmith's financial and strategic goals are met.
- Analyze the current business trends and develop appropriate forecasts and strategies
- Provide senior merchants with global and category level analysis
- Develop ad-hoc analysis to support decision making on opportunities
- Facilitate book level planning sessions including input on assortments, price points and timing
- Analyze business and determine areas of opportunity and risk from a merchandising perspective
- Develop entrance/exit strategies for categories and subcategories
- Act as liaison between Merchandising/Inventory Management/Marketing/Finance to reconcile merchandise plan to financial and marketing targets
- Provide appropriate input for 'post mortem' analysis and reviews
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven analytical skills
- Demonstrate problem solving ability
- Proficiency using PC-based analytical tools
- Excellent conflict resolution skills
- Commitment to teamwork approach
- Minimum 10 years experience in planning, financial analysis and/or merchandising
- BA/BS degree in a related field required; MBA preferred
Submit letter of interest and resume with salary requirements to Human Resources or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.