Director of Product Management
TravelSmith Outfitters, located in Novato, just 30 minutes north of San Francisco, is the premier catalog and e-commerce retailer of travel apparel and accessories. TravelSmith offers a comprehensive benefits package including 401k with company match, excellent work environment, and fantastic product discounts. We are currently searching for a Director of Product Management.
The Director of Product Management for Women's Apparel will report directly to Vice President of Merchandising of TravelSmith Outfitters and play a critical role in evolving the Women's product line and ensuring profitable growth for the TravelSmith brand.
The Director of Product Management Apparel will be responsible for envisioning, planning, developing and assorting the Women's product lines. He or she will need to possess both bigger picture strategic thinking capabilities, as well as the ability to act in a hands-on manner to execute product development, line buys and overall business plans. He or she will charged with leveraging existing franchise businesses, identifying new opportunities for growth, maximizing productivity and profitability, as well as upgrading processes and systems to ensure the best product line and a streamlined and effective workflow. The Director of Product Management will need to bring an energetic combination of creativity, proven product and people management skills, strong business acumen and an entrepreneurial spirit to a successful and dynamic business that combines a branded and proprietary product offer. He or she must enjoy a collaborative work environment and working with cross-functional business partners in Creative, Marketing and Inventory to ensure product advantages are communicated well and that the best interests of the customer and the brand are honored first and foremost.
- Partner with the VP of Merchandising to develop a cohesive long term vision for the merchandise assortment that is supported by an action plan
- Provide the brand with the competitive advantages and the strategic business framework necessary to grow sales and profit margins
- Manage seasonal planning from concepting of themes/product stories and color palettes to product selections, pagination and post season analysis.
- Independently oversee all aspects of Product Management & Product Development
- Update and evolve successful products to ensure a compelling product line that meets TravelSmith's high standards
- Present strategies and assortment to the Executive team at TravelSmith, CBI and HSNi.
- Collaborates with Creative to ensure creative message and catalog layout accurately represents the TravelSmith Brand and resonates with the customer
- Evaluate markets, consumers, competitors, and internal product trends and performance.
- Manages Product Planning & Production Calendar
- Trains, develops, coaches and mentors direct reports.
- Oversees the Technical product specifications and fit analysis
- Oversees key vendor relationships
- Develops strategic partnerships and forges strong relationships
- Develops a sourcing plan that leverages current base and maximizes fulfillment
- Sets retails that support margin goals and negotiates costs with vendors
- Other duties to be assigned, as appropriate.
Knowledge, Skill & Experience:
- The ideal candidate will have 7-10 years experience in merchandising including product development and design. Apparel experience in a catalog/direct marketing is preferred.
- B.A degree in Merchandising , Business or related field strongly preferred
- A passion for work coupled with a strong commitment to the customer to develop products that exceed expectations and drives the bottom line
- Strong Management skills with the proven ability to lead, manage, motivate and inspire a team and work collaboratively with cross functional business partners
- A high level of product and brand awareness
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a fast paced, hands on environment
- Strong decision making skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills along with the ability to effectively interface with all staff levels.
- Demonstrates integrity in all business dealings and executes beyond reproach.
- Other Essential skills also include:
- Strong merchandising vision
- Persuasive and effective communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of global sourcing
- Excellent taste level and the ability to interpret current fashion for TravelSmith customer
- Strong product innovation skills
- Ability to spot and research trends
- Strategic thinking
Submit letter of interest and resume with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
5568 West Chester Road,
West Chester, OH 45069
Contact Us By Phone, Fax
Available 1AM-8PM EST
7 days a week
24 hour phone orders
Contact the Executive Team
Vice President of
TravelSmith Corporate Offices
773 San Marin Drive,
Novato, CA 94945
For public relations inquiries,
please click here