ONLINE MERCHANDISING SPECIALIST
TravelSmith Outfitters, located in Novato, just 30 minutes north of San Francisco, is the premier catalog and e-commerce retailer of travel apparel and accessories. TravelSmith offers a comprehensive benefits package including 401k with company match, excellent work environment, and fantastic product discounts. We are currently searching for an Online Merchandising Specialist.
Manage TravelSmith’s online merchandising strategy, planning, and execution with a focus on increasing year-over-year incremental profit while supporting TravelSmith’s business strategies.
- Work with and support Merchandising, Marketing, Creative, and Inventory to ensure the proper execution and maintenance of strategic and tactical best-in-class merchandising for our commerce sites, email, and digital marketing initiatives at a weekly, seasonal, and annual level
- Optimize conversion rates, improve the customer experience, and enhance brand image by effectively merchandising products in categories, collections and on website pages that include, but are not limited to, the homepage, landing pages and category level pages
- Use data analysis, key learnings and competitive analysis to recommend improvements in online merchandising strategies and tactics which are compelling, viable, drive revenue and profit, and enhance the customer experience. Examples of this include improving product presentations to reduce purchase friction, connecting shoppers quickly to the right merchandise with improved search results pages, and organizing the presentation of products and categories to optimize their visibility as trends and seasons change.
- Maintain destination packing guides and drive the content to commerce initiative
- Create, maintain, and socialize weekly, seasonal and annual online merchandise calendars
- Develop, own, review, and analyze site merchandising analytics, search, and suggestive selling tools for opportunities to optimize conversion rates, sales, gross margin, and customer satisfaction. Proactively provide recommendations and solutions to drive improvement.
- Create and report online merchandising performance and trend data on a weekly, monthly, seasonal and annual level to TravelSmith teams with recommended action items to improve sales and the customer experience as it relates to merchandising
- Conduct regular competitive analyses to identify best practices and recommended action items
- Participate in Creative reviews (print and non-print) and Merchandise turnover meetings.
- Ensure web merchandising elements (i.e. Rating & Reviews) are represented and marketed appropriately.
- Actively participate as a member of the customer feedback task force, to both capitalize upon positive feedback, such as testimonials, and to quickly follow-up on negative feedback
- Partner with other Cornerstone brands to cross-pollinate key learnings
- Other responsibilities as directed and necessary for the business
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS degree in Merchandising, Marketing or related field
- 5+ years in roles of increasing responsibility in merchandising planning, preferably in a multi-channel environment
- Knowledge and proficient in the use of Coremetrics, product recommendation software, and Mercado Search software
- Experience with database driven applications and web-based database updating
- Proficient in Excel, Access and Word
- Knowledge and hands-on experience managing online merchandising in a non sourcing environment
- Demonstrated strategic and tactical skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Proven ability to translate analytic data into strategic ideas
- Excellent relationship building, communication, organizational, analytical, and project management skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Self starter with the ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a team environment
Submit letter of interest and resume with salary requirements to Human Resources or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org