Product Manager, Women's Accessories, Shoes & Swim
TravelSmith Outfitters, located in Novato, just 30 minutes north of San Francisco, is the premier catalog and e-commerce retailer of travel apparel and accessories. TravelSmith offers a comprehensive benefits package including 401k with company match, excellent work environment, and fantastic product discounts. We are currently searching for a Product Manager, Women's Accessories, Shoes & Swim.
The primary function of this position is to collaborate with the Merchandising team to seek out and/or develop new and accessories, shoes & swim products that fit with merchandising strategy and produce strong sales as well as continually evolving the business category.
- Partner with the VP of Merchandising to develop a cohesive long term vision for the product assortment that is supported by an action plan.
- Provide the brand with the competitive advantages and the strategic business framework necessary to grow sales and profit margins.
- Actively research, seek out and develop new products, always looking for "what is next" to evolve the business category.
- Manage seasonal planning from concepting of themes/product stories and color palettes to product selections, pagination and post season analysis.
- Independently oversee all aspects of Product Management & Product Development.
- Assume responsibility for sales, evolution, and overall assortment for hard goods/accessories categories by managing all aspects of the merchandising and development processes using proactive problem solving skills and forward thinking.
- Participate in all brainstorming, merchandising and product development meetings as necessary. Work effectively as a member of merchandising team by sharing ideas and resources.
- Update and evolve successful products to ensure a compelling product line that meets TravelSmith's high standards.
- Present strategies and assortment to the Executive team at TravelSmith, CBI and HSNi.
- Clearly and accurately communicate with management as well as with various manufacturers, suppliers and business contacts through verbal, visual and written formats.
- Collaborates with Creative to ensure creative message and catalog layout accurately represents the TravelSmith Brand and resonates with the customer.
- Work effectively with Creative, Inventory Planning.
- Manages Product Planning & Production Calendar.
- Oversees key vendor relationships.
- Develops strategic partnerships and forges strong relationships.
- Develops a sourcing plan that leverages current base and maximizes fulfillment.
- Sets retails that support margin goals and negotiates costs with vendors.
- Other duties to be assigned, as appropriate.
- At least 5 years experience in product management, expert in developing, sourcing accessories, shoes & swim within a catalog or online environment preferred.
- Proven track record of success in implementing innovative ideas.
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel and MS Word.
- Strong analytical ability.
- Attention to detail and demonstrated accuracy.
- Strong initiative and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Highly organized.
- Can work both independently and in a 'team' setting.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Effective communication skills; both verbal and written.
- A high level of product and brand awareness.
- Excellent taste level and the ability to interpret current fashion for TravelSmith customer.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a fast paced, hands on environment.
- Strong decision making skills.
- Demonstrates integrity in all business dealings and executes beyond reproach.
- Strong merchandising vision.
Submit letter of interest and resume with salary history/requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.