TravelSmith Outfitters, located in Novato, just 30 minutes north of San Francisco, is the premier catalog and e-commerce retailer of travel apparel and accessories. TravelSmith offers a comprehensive benefits package including 401k with company match, unique time off benefits, excellent work environment, and fantastic product discounts. We are currently searching for a Control Buyer.
Responsible for planning & purchasing inventory to meet targeted fill rates while minimizing overstocks.
- Develop pre-season forecasts and buy strategies for assigned product lines.
- Develop Liquidation budgets, monthly forecasting and prepare Month-End reconciliation documents
- Plan and paginate all sale and clearance printed sale media and on-line promotions
- Oversee operations, merchandising and inventory flow of sale events
- New vendor set up
- Responsible for preparing, updating and communicating Vendor Compliance Manual
- Daily Vendor communication and trouble shooting regarding compliance
- Responsible for processing Vendor chargebacks and RTV's
- Daily Distribution Center communication and trouble-shooting
- Assists in QA trouble-shooting and resolution
- Develop new ideas for liquidation print and on-line
- Negotiate inventory commitments, delivery dates, item costs, uncommitted reserves and lead times with vendors
- Monitor in-season demand and revise delivery commitments to meet established service goals and reduce liquidation liabilities
- Identify business risks and opportunities at the category/style/sku level to maximize sales & profitability
- Create and maintain item information and purchase orders in Data Base
- Create & maintain purchase orders with on time deliveries
- Create and maintain item forecasts on the IFSO Inventory management system.
- Proof catalog pagination & layout
- Vendor Drop Ship negotiations, demand forecasting and order maintenance
KNOWLEDGE SKILL & EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS degree plus minimum of 3 years of Inventory Management experience, catalog/web experience a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Excel and Outlook, IFSO experience a plus.
- Able to work independently as well as with a team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Sound aptitude for analysis, prioritization and meeting deadlines.
Submit letter of interest and resume with salary requirements to Human Resources or e-mail to email@example.com