TECHNICAL DESIGNER - TRAVELSMITH
TravelSmith Outfitters, located in Novato, just 30 minutes north of San Francisco, is the premier catalog and e-commerce retailer of travel apparel and accessories. TravelSmith offers a comprehensive benefits package including 401k with company match, excellent work environment, and fantastic product discounts. We are currently searching for a Technical Designer.
Provide technical recommendations to ensure consistency of fit and quality of construction. Collaborate with Design/Sourcing and Vendors to create samples that reflect designer's vision while meeting defined cost and timeline limits. Develop accurate graded specifications and construction requirements for production. Understand and adhere to development process and meet calendar deadlines.
- Initiate development specification packets by interpreting design concepts that reflect merchant's vision and fit expectations.
- Create and update specification packets, including detailed technical sketches, graded measurement specifications and construction details consistent with TravelSmith standards.
- Evaluate samples for vendor's execution of fit and construction.
- Communicate with vendors, agents and factories regarding construction and fit issues.
- Maintain TravelSmith's fit and construction standards.
- Manage execution of fit from style creation to Top of Production approval.
- Lead fit sessions, communicate fit corrections and updated specifications to vendors.
- Review vendor's samples and patterns to suggest corrections as needed.
- Responsible for tracking all fit samples and providing product manager and production with fit status updates.
- Update production calendar with fit comment status on a timely manor.
- Issue final graded production specification packets.
- Work with modeling agencies to ensure availability of fit models who meet core size requirements.
- Review and propose updates to fit guidelines and blocks.
- Challenge grade rules when needed and recommend updates.
- Partner with Quality Compliance to ensure product meets TravelSmith standards.
- Proofing Catalog Copy for final style detail and fit reference.
- Review return rates with department partners to resolve quality and fit issues.
- Participate in special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum AA degree in Fashion Design - 4 year degree preferred.
- 5-10 years of technical design experience required.
- Knowledge of grading, apparel manufacturing and experience in woven, knit and sweater product construction.
- Patternmaking and garment construction experience required.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong Computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Illustrator.
- Well versed in one or any of the following specification software programs: Karat Cad, PDM, Momentis, or PLM; Younique Solutions (preferred).
Submit letter of interest and resume with salary requirements to Human Resources or e-mail email@example.com