Ecommerce Merchandising Manager
TravelSmith Outfitters, located in Novato, just 30 minutes north of San Francisco, is the premier catalog and e-commerce retailer of travel apparel and accessories. TravelSmith offers a comprehensive benefits package including 401k with company match, excellent work environment, and fantastic product discounts. We are currently searching for an Ecommerce Merchandising Manager.
The Ecommerce Merchandising Manager leads the effort of managing all products on the website. This includes the process of loading all assets related to merchandise on a strict schedule, as well as managing frequent updates to maximize sales & conversion. Responsibilities include helping to merchandise the homepage, category pages, collection pages, etc. and managing the product recommendation strategy and site search. Decision making is analytics-based and involves the use of Coremetrics, inventory and customer data.
- Work with a small team to set up all merchandise on the website including images, copy video, size charts and other related items.
- Proof site for errors and modify content accordingly.
- Track and organize online promotions; synchronize between web and Ecometry (our back end system).
- Work with the Email Marketing Manager in building landing pages and being the backup person on building email campaigns and reporting.
- Groom and maintain web product information for accuracy and timeliness and merchandise online items to maximize conversion.
- Maintain and develop eCommerce product reporting to support decision making.
- Analyze existing processes and develop efficiencies for the ecommerce department where needed.
- Work closely with key business partners (Buyers, Creative, and Inventory) to provide content needs for multichannel initiatives.
- Improve, trouble shoot, and maintain the internal on-site search engine results by increasing product relevancy, ranking, and reducing null results.
- Communicate product opportunities discovered in site search to the Merchandising team.
- Establish benchmarks for content and category performance and optimize the top trafficked subcategories.
- Ensure all elements for web analysis are properly tagged, monitored, measured and optimized.
- Work with marketing program managers (for emails, comparison shopping, etc.) to ensure content meets the program needs.
- Own all elements of the product recommendations on the site. Manage the relationship with Certona from strategy and tactics, to development and testing/debugging. Add, remove or test recommendation zones.
- Be one of the business leads with sign-off responsibility or provide support where required for implementation and testing of new functionality and build releases. For example: A/B testing; personalized content; PDP redesign; common viewer redesign; quick view; and add to cart div layer.
- Own any product-related bugs, actively working tickets with our development team.
- Work with the Director of Ecommerce to develop A/B tests to find opportunities to maximize product sales & conversion using Monetate.
- Work with the Director of Ecommerce and Creative team to deliver new homepage and gateway pages. Select featured products using current trend reports and the company’s strategic sell list; manage the project from concepts to launch.
- Propose functional improvements for upcoming year development.
- Partner with other Cornerstone brands to cross-pollinate key learnings.
Knowledge, Skill & Experience:
- Fast and accurate data entry
- Ability to analyze and problem solve
- Attention to detail, sharp eye for proof reading
- Strong database experience, fluent in Excel, Access, and MS Office applications
- Web-savvy, ecommerce experience
- Passion for product
- Catalog and or apparel/retail experience
- Exceptional written, verbal, and listening skills
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and manage workload and deadlines with minimum supervision
- College degree preferred
- Knowledge of MACS/Ecometry database a plus
- Experience in IBM Webshpere ecommerce administration software a plus
- Experience with site analytics software (ideally Coremetrics)
- Basic HTML a plus (training can be provided)
- SQL skills a plus (training can be provided)
Submit letter of interest and resume with salary requirements to Human Resources or e-mail to email@example.com.
5568 West Chester Road,
West Chester, OH 45069
Contact Us By Phone, Fax
Available 1AM-8PM EST
7 days a week
24 hour phone orders
Contact the Executive Team
Vice President of
TravelSmith Corporate Offices
773 San Marin Drive,
Novato, CA 94945
For public relations inquiries,
please click here